Thursday, August 6, 2015

Coming Down from the Mountain

I've returned from the mountain; I've left a "place apart," the real world, home. Here I am back at my permanent address after a summer that was more amazing and blessed than I could have imagined. I adored each and every camper, I was in God's beautiful creation all summer feeling closer to Him than ever, and I was awash in His joy and peace. I'm still trying to find ways to bring that world back with me from the mountain and let it seep into every part of my life here.

I've started and finished listening to The Old Maid, by Edith Wharton, while working on Love One Another, the famine relief chart. I've started reading The Giver, by Lois Lowry. I've also been singing camp songs, doing camp crafts, and engaging in vespers (evening worship) and praying out-loud. Thus go my attempts to blend my two lives now that I am (nominally) "home."

Here's Love One Another, before and after:




Happy stitching, and may God's peace wrap you up like a warm blanket!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely progress I'm glad you had fun :). I'm not religious myself but I always feel closer to nature/the divine when I'm in the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! so glad you had a wonderful summer :D

    ReplyDelete