Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shell Collection and Knitting

Yes, I finally learned how to knit. And oh, I wish I had done this so long ago. Not only is knitting one of the coolest things to ever happen, the ladies at my LNS are soooo amazing. I never wanted to leave! My LNS has the policy where you buy the materials from them and they'll help you as much as you need. So I told them I wanted to learn how to knit, and they handed me some yarn and needles and started teaching me one-on-one. Everyone was so nice and I spent all afternoon there! They decided I was a quick learner, so I learned how to purl, too, and they created a pattern for my scarf. So here she is so far:


I've also been stitching on Shell Collection, after I steeled myself to frog and redo those stitches. I've been watching a lot of documentaries while stitching and knitting lately and learning all sorts of things on topics ranging from pharaohs to the Knights Templar to Charles Dickens to Pompeii. So much fun! Here's Shell Collection:


That's it for now, so happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitch! The finish live, love, laugh 2012 is great.

    Regards, Geralien from Holland
    www.nina-hobbysite.bogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet knitting..love the color if the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is great. Thank you for following my blog. I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete