Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last Week's Stitchy Goodness

I had a most wonderful long weekend! :) My family went on a whirlwind trip to Myrtle Beach, leaving Friday morning and coming back Saturday night. My dad ran the marathon (his second one!) and I made him this real quick last Thursday to celebrate (my first attempt at designing something!):

I call it "It's Just Like Running."

He always says "it's just like running" and then goes into a long metaphor for life based on running, haha. :)

We also went in the ocean (it was coooold!) and drove back through a pretty hardcore snowstorm. It was practically a whiteout for a while, and the roads weren't salted, and there were a few inches of snow sticking on the road! Luckily we found a truck and joined someone from Ontario and someone from Maryland in its tracks, and we made it back safely. Tons of people had skidded off the road, and everyone was going super slow on the interstate with their hazards on. Sadly, it didn't snow where we live, so we didn't get to really play in it. :( Oh well, we got to see snow!!

Then on Monday I spent the day with my wonderful boyfriend. :) We had a delightful time, and I got to introduce him to The Princess Bride! Such an amazing movie.

Here's last week's stitching:

A bit of progress on "Blushing Rose."

Going to be a late Valentine's present for my boyfriend.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What a great design you made for your dad! The belated Valentine will be beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the piece you made your dad. My daughter will be in her first half marathon in March. Nice progress on your other projects. Keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete