Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brisingr and Stitching

I just finished reading Brisingr today. I read while I eat breakfast, and I have a habit of just pushing my empty bowl to the side and continuing to read for hours when there's no rush. The only thing that stops me? Finishing the book, like today. Christopher Paolini has a tendency to have Eragon (main character) sit down with someone and be told lots and lots and pages and pages of information, all of which was a huge major secret for the hundreds of pages leading up to that moment. It's both hard to put down and a little... blah. Knowledge dumping is hard to make interesting. This series is pretty good though. It's reminiscent of The Lord of the Rings, which is always a good thing. Paolini creates an interesting world that I want to be in, and I consider the series worthwhile and the plot of interest. He is an amateur writer, but a reasonably talented one, and the Inheritance cycle is a fun, easy read so far.


On to cross stitchy goodness! Here's my progress on both Mario and Flowers in Purple Vase. Hoping to have them finished soon! :)



And now to get off the computer quickly, because my head is hurting rather a lot. Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Mario and the flowers look wonderful! Will the bookmark be a gift for someone or will you use it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking I'll give it to my dad. :)

      Delete